Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Festivities

We have been a busy bunch! Here is what we have been doing.........

Wednesday Dec. 3, We went to the Festival of trees. We had a great time, right up until the point where I lost Bear. I have never lost a kid before, so this was a new kind of panic for me. I was there with several of my friends, and so I have to admit that I was not watching the kids as well as I should of, while I yapped with my buddies.

So here's the deal. We had been looking at a Mechanical Santa, & Joshua was really into him, so when we all carried over to the next couple rows, I looked back to see Joshua still standing at the Santa. So I send Hannah over to get him, and I wait with the stroller. Hannah grabs Josh by the shirt, he screams bloody murder, everyone looks to see why he is screaming, and I have to go over to get him to stop screaming like a maniac.

We all get calmed down and begin walking down the next aisle at a liesurely pace, and I am busy pushing the stroller, checking out the trees, and giving Joshua a dissaproving mama glare all the way down the row, which is pretty long and took us at least 5 minutes to stroll down. All of a sudden I look down and realize that there is no baby in my stroller. I had been pushing it happily along this whole time, and Bear wasn't even in it. She had escaped during the screaming incident, and I, being the GREAT mother that I am, had not even noticed. And to make matters worse, it's not like Bear is a lightweight. She weighs a good solid 30 lbs., so you would think that I would of noticed the absent weight in the stroller.

Luckily when I ran back down the aisle like a crazy woman, a nice old couple had come across Bear, and were just standing over her, while yelling, "Did anyone lose a baby, is this anyone's baby". I was so glad that they had just kept her there, and not taken her to security or somewhere that would of taken longer to find her. I am such a loser!!! And to lose Bear, who is my best behaved kid. What was I thinking? Now if it had been one of the other ones, I would of still gone back for them, but their wouldn't of been nearly the panic, and I would of taken my time. Just kidding!!! HAHA!!!

Josh, Aja, Ashton, & Hannah, at The Festival of Trees


Thursday, I took my pre-schoolers on a field trip to the Church History Museum. I totally expected them to be ready to leave 30 minutes into it, but they had a GREAT time, and were so sad to leave, 3 hours later. They loved the kids rooms, where they each found a baby to take care of. We spent an hour in just that room, singing to our babies, and feeding our babies, and bathing our babies. It was really cute!

Emma & Hannah being "Angels"

Everyone taking care of their Babies. Joshua picked up this brown baby, and said it was his "Baby Haybear". He sang all the songs he knows to his baby, while he fed her and rocked her. So cute!

Josh, Hannah, Bear, Emma, & Allie

Friday December 5th, I turned 38!!!! Special thanks to all my friends and family, who sang Happy Birthday to my answering machine all day, while I was out to lunch with my parents, the light parade with Bruce & the kids, and a late night dinner, with Liz & Cindy. It was a GREAT birthday, and I don't feel a day over 37. :)

Light Parade
Freezing Family

My very own "Spider Monkey"

What I look like at 38. Hey at least I still have all my teeth, for now.


Saturday December 6th, we started the day off with our ward Christmas Breakfast, and a picture with Santa. When I asked Hannah what she was going to ask for, she said, "Big boobies like yours, so I can rub lotion on them". (Don't you love that?)Sooooo, while I was flattered that she thinks I have big boobies, I told her it would be better if she just asked for Barbies. And, luckily, she went for it.

Alex, asked for Star Wars stuff, Big Surprise!

I'm not sure what Bruce asked for? But I bet Santa was glad when he got off his lap.
Josh was scared of Santa, and had been telling us all week that Santa was mean. We told him he would get candy if he sat on his lap, and so that's what he asked for, Candy.

And then there was the Bear, and since video speaks (or should I say screams) louder than pictures, please ENJOY!!!


We ended the day by stopping by the Genesis Christmas party, where we frollicked with friends, and the kids ran around until they were tired. So far a very Merry Christmas!!

6 comments:

  1. That is the funniest video.

    Oh, no guilt necessary about losing Bear. I lost Ethan in the HFAC at BYU when he was about that age and he was my only child. He went around the corner, stepped onto an elevator and rode it to another floor. I was a frantic mess by the time I found him and he told me "Mom, I got on the alligator and you weren't there." He got firm instructions that riding "alligators" without mom there was NOT okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your adventures! We do need to reconnect soon since it has been ages since we talked. Call me sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone has to lose a kid once in awhile...it's just part of motherhood. I lost the twins in shopko when they were about 3 (it was actually more like they ran away and hid). I didnt' usually let them out of the cart for just that reason, but had to in the dressing room and they escaped before I could catch them. There's nothing like that kind of scared.

    I would have loved to see the look on Santa's face if Hannah had asked for big boobies to rub lotion on...did you really have to ruin that one for the rest of us?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off- Happy Birthday!! I can totally feel your pain with losing Bear-it's easy to get distracted and have the kids wander off, especially in a place that crowded with so much to look at. I am glad that you found her so fast though! I laughed hysterically with your kids and Santa! Bear was so funny- screaming bloody murder than blowing bye kisses. So cute! I agree with Jen- would have loved to see the look on Santa's face when Hannah asked for boobs. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off- Happy Birthday! I'm glad that you got Bear back so fast- but don't beat yourself up- we took Kenna to the Festival of trees- and literally just had to carry her wherever we went because if we set her down for 2 seconds she was off somewhere. There is just to many people and fun things to look at! I laughed hysterically with your kids and Santa. I loved that Bear was screaming bloody murder at the sight of Santa, then stopped to blow him bye kisses. So cute! I also agree with Jen- I would have loved to see Santa's face when Hannah asked for Boobs. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This video of Halie is my favorite! I've showed this off to almost everyone I know. Kristin -- this is our ticket to AFV. We should send it! III

    ReplyDelete