Sunday, February 8, 2009

Forever Richardson

Today, our Forever Family grew a little larger, as Joshua was sealed to us in the Bountiful Temple. We had a really wonderful day, which began with a family prayer, and singing "I Love to see the Temple" (which is Joshua's favorite primary song), in the car, on the way to the Temple.

Happy kids going to the Temple.

Sitting in the sealing room was a really emotional experience for me. Not only was I overcome with love for all of our family and friends, and the anticipation of seeing all the kids in white, but I was very overcome with love from my Heavenly Father. There have been many times in my life when I have felt very close to my heavenly home, and being there in the Temple, surrounded by my loved ones, was one of those times.

When the kids came in dressed in their whites, I was a mess. I love these four kids so much, and I am so grateful for them, and for the joy and privelege I have of being their mom. They are each so unique, with such strong spirits, and so much fun to have around. I am so grateful for all the little miracles that have transpired to bring each of them into our family. I love you guys so much! And I love, love, love, love, being your mom!

Joshua

While we were knealing at the altar, Joshua was all smiles, and said some really cute things:

"Mom, you're like a Princess" (he was loving my veil)
"Mom, I really like my white tie"
"Mom, are you so, so, happy"? (he was unsure with all my blubbering)

After the sealing we all stood and looked into the mirror at our eternal family, and he said "We are all happy". And we were, all so happy, and it all felt very right, like it was supposed to be. As we greeted our family & friends, Josh kept his arms locked tightly around my neck, and he must of kissed me and told me he loved me a hundred times in that short time. He was also doling out the kisses to everyone else. Such a sweet boy!

We had a perfect day, and the only sad part was knowing that this would probably be our last time having a child sealed to us. We are feeling very blessed, and so happy with our family, and we feel like we may be done with kids for this earthly life. Our family feels perfect and complete, but I'm not going to say that we wouldn't be happy to add a few more, so we'll just have to see what the future holds. I still wake up most days, and think "Wow, we have four kids", how did that happen? We feel so blessed, and the fact that they are all absolutely "Perfect" for our family, is truly a miracle.

I feel a little sorry for people who don't "get" to go through the amazing experience that is adoption. It really gives you the opportunity to witness our Heavenly Father's love for all of his children, as he helps them to find their earthly homes. So many miracles, and blessings, and spiritual confirmations happen during the journey. And all the people involved are touched in very significant and Testimony building ways. You get several, very real, glimpses into our vast, Eternal Family, and the fact that we are all brother's and sisters, sent here to love and help each other, and that we are all loved equally by our Heavenly Father. How grateful I am for the blessings of the Temple, and for the forever family we are creating.

The boys

Right after this picture was taken, Joshua grabbed my face and said "Mom, I just love you, and you're my mom". He is so stinkin cute!

Dancing Bear

Hannah

Temple doors

"We are a Happy Family"

Hannah, catching some AIR

Forever Family

Blowing kisses

We are so grateful to all of our family & friends who were with us on this special day. Thanks for being there for us and for all the love and support. We love you all!!!

7 comments:

  1. What adorable pictures!! Did you have someone come to take them or are you just THAT talented. ;) I LOVED the temple, but we didn't get white pictures...wish we had seeing these. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, congratulations! I'm so happy for your family. I got all warm and fuzzy and misty eyed reading about your special day. You have a beautiful family. I especially love the picture of Hannah jumping - so Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for all of you! I really enjoyed sharing your day via your post...it was a good ending to a great Sabbath day for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratualtions, you made me cry reading all about your experience. It's reminds me of when we had Kenley sealed to us. It's so amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man! You made me cry! Adoption really is amazing! Thanks so much for letting me come over today- it was just what I needed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, could your kids be any cuter?! I loved reading your post about your amazing and special day. It made me cry. I was especialy touched by how much Josh loves you! Your family is beautiful. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness your family has grown! So many congratulations! WOW. Glad we found each others blogs! I really need to start reading that UT transracial adoption group again. Do you guys still do play groups?

    ReplyDelete