Monday, February 23, 2009

Last minute ROADTRIP

Bruce was headed down to Laverkin (yes it's a real place) for the weekend, to play with his BFF J, and at the very last minute, the rest of us decided to tag along. We had no plans because of the last minuteness, but still managed to have alot of fun. The phrase of the weekend was "YAY VACATION", which we randomly screamed throughout the weekend of "forced family fun". It goes along with "Yay yardwork", "Yay chores", and "Yay church", which can be heard coming out of any of our mouths on a daily basis at home.

I swear no matter where we go, the kids are far more excited about sleeping in a hotel than anything else we do. Bruce and I are not as excited about sleeping in the same room with the "Others", as we like to call them,(it's a LOST thing).

Bruce, being mauled by "the Others"

This is the best and only picture of me (compliments of Hannah), from the whole weekend. Guess who takes the pictures in our family?

Friday night we had dinner with Bruce's BFF J & family, after which I left Bruce there to play video games all night in his underwear, and I took the kids back to the hotel for bed.
Saturday we decided to hit a Rec center in Washington for some swimming. If the hotel is the top of the kid's fun list, swimming is definitely #2. We had a GREAT time, and swam half the day away. I even took my fat butt down the slide a few times. It was exhilarating, but not pretty (notice there are no pictures), and somewhat painful for me and anyone having to watch me. :)




I love that Josh & Bear kept holding hands when they were floating on their backs.





After swimming we had mandatory naps for everyone, and then Bruce stayed at the hotel with J, and I took the kids to the Olive Garden in St. George, to meet up with my cousin Ed, his wife Aimee, & their son Edison. We had a fun, somewhat civilized dinner, and then decided to go miniature golfing. Josh & Bear were really funny, and hit each other more than they hit their balls. Bear wouldn't even put her ball down. She carried it through the whole course and just used her club to hit other balls and the people who belonged to them. We were golfing outside in the dark, and Josh kept yelling into the lights, "can you hear me now". Someone watches too much TV.



I love how Hannah is always posing in all her pictures. Can you say SUPERMODEL, with the looks, the body, & the attitude.

Aimee, Edison, & Ed

The next day we decided to head over to Zion's, with a few stops on the way. Our first stop was at a gas station, where Bruce entertained us all with this striking pose. Yep that's his SEXY nipple, shoved up against the window. Our poor kids, scarred for life!


We made a side trip to hit an old Ghost town called Grafton. They had a really cool old cemetary that had Indians burried in it. The graves had mounded dirt, which made them look a little too fresh, but the kids thought it was neat.



And then we drove through Zion's which was beautiful , and headed on home. The battery on my camera died shortly into Zion's, but here's a few shots.







Fun, fun, weekend, with my favorite people in the whole world. Nothing like last minute "forced family fun". Good times................

6 comments:

  1. I actually know where Laverkin is! My best friend in 4th grade had family there and was always going to Laverkin for Holidays. I absolutely LOVE Hannah's posed pictures, that girl is F-I-E-R-C-E!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you can at least convince them to pretend to like being together. I wish I could get the twins to at least pretend. Even last week in Disneyland they found ways to fight and pester each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a rocking "forced fun" event! Who needs to be a fly on the wall when you are so good at sharing? I always love reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys had way too much fun! I couldn't stop laughing at this post.
    Thanks sooo much for sharing your "story" it helps so much to know that someone else has gone through a similar experiance.. and survived.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for spur of the moment getaways! Gotta love LaVerkin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Yay Church" -- we NEVER say that. Kristin! Never. Never heard that about Josh -- that's hilarious! Thanks for letting me play w/ Jay on this trip. III

    ReplyDelete