Friday, June 26, 2009

Home from Alaska

When me & Kristin got back from our trip to Alaska, something happened I didn't expect. I wanted to write it down so I don't forget about it. We (at least I) wasn't sure I missed the kids all that much. Some alone time for mom & dad was just what we needed. It really was a lot of fun. But when we pulled up into the driveway the kids ran out to meet us. It was kind of weird seeing them. They seemed bigger than when we left, and I almost didn't recognize them. Alex hugged me and I almost outright cried because my heart jumped to see him. I heard Halie, but what she was saying hadn't registered for a minute. She said, "Hi, Daddy," in the cutest softest, most hopeful voice I'd ever heard. That really almost got me started. It was so cute! When I picked her up (I do this with all the kids) I asked her who I loved and she said "Hay Bare." Didn't want to forget that. I remember Hannah jumped into my arms, and Josh was a little trepidatious but smiled big when I picked him up. We sure have a great family, and I love all you guys. Love, Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment