Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy 16 years!

Thought I'd start off with a few blasts from the past!

Homecoming Dance 1989


Junior Prom 1990


Wedding Day August 15, 1992
You may kiss the Bride
Me and my girls
Bruce and the J's


One of our Engagement photos
Mr. & Mrs. Bruce Richardson
Bruce - pre-wedding (he actually forgot the ring :)


Bridal photos (check out those 80's bangs)


August 15th was our 16 year wedding Anniversary. I can't believe it has been so long, and we still like each other so much. We were so young and silly when we got married, and had no idea what we were doing. We were completely without goals and ambition, we had no money, we didn't even know where we were going to live when we got back from our honeymoon, and we couldn't see the future past our 11 day Honeymoon to Disneyland. But we were crazy in love then, and we are crazy in love now.

We have had a great married life so far, with very little contention, and a whole lot of love and laughter. Our only real hardship was dealing with infertility, but we dealt with it quickly, moved on to adoption, and are so glad that it was our path. How blessed we have been to add each of our little monsters to our family.

For our Anniversary we dumped the kids off at my brother's house for an overnighter, (thanks Shawn & Kelly, you guys rock!) and then headed off for dinner at OG. Then Bruce took me to the Anniversary Inn which is a hotel full of cheesy theme rooms. We have stayed there several times, and always have a great time. We stayed in the Treasure Island room, which looked like a Pirate ship and had three levels, with a giant jetted tub in the middle of the room. And yes, I'm embarrassed to admit it, but there was pirate talk involved, couldn't help ourselves. ;) ARRRR maties!

Treasure Island room at The Anniversary Inn


Today we went to see The Dark night, followed by dinner at a Steak house, followed by tickets to the play "Pirated" which was a total coincidence. We have season tickets, and it just happened to be the Pirate play this month. we are not Pirate wanna be's I promise! And just so you are aware, there was no dressing like Pirates going on at any time during the weekend.

After the play it was back to the wonderful (?) reality of having 4 very sleepy children who had to be picked up and taken home to bed. But it was a nice break from the norm, and I enjoyed every minute with Bruce. Happy day babe!





Bruce is always asking me if I think anyone is as happy as we are. I certainly hope so, because it is a great place to be. I love you baby, and everything about you, even those wierd things that I won't bring up here :). Thank you for taking such good care of me and the kids, and for being a true GIANT among men. Every woman should be as happy as you have made me. It's been a GROOVY kind of love! III

Bruce & Kristin 20 years later, a lot fatter, a lot more in love.........ahhhhhhhh

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh- you guys are adorable! I love the homecoming pic and Junior prom! Pete and I have a few of those too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pics! You guys really are such a happy couple. I think of the few times you offered me some marital advice when we were together and you were right on - I need to call or come visit you again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. John and I ALMOST stayed in the Treasure Island room...I really wanted too! The last time we stayed at the Anniversary Inn, we checked the guest book in our room and found that our Bishop and his wife had stayed there a few weeks earlier...EEEEWW! Gross! (At least they were a young couple..hee hee! :o)

    ReplyDelete