Saturday, August 16, 2008

Winding down the Summer

The kids start school in just over a week, so we have been cramming as much fun into the last days of summer as we can. Here's what we've been up to.

On August 6th, we went to Liberty Park and played in the canyons with our playgroup friends

Alex & Daesha


Bear


Bear & Hannah (aren't they so cute)


Hannah & friends building a dam.


Joshua

*************************************************************************************

On the 7th, we headed up to the Dinosaur park in Ogden, to meet up with Pappy & Granny, Aunt Jeni, & the cousins.



Digging for Dinosaur bones


Eric, Joshua, & David


That evening I went to dinner with two of my good friends, Cindy & Liz. We went to Texas Roadhouse, which I have never been to, and I actually ordered and ate ribs for the first time in my life. Thanks for the night out girls, it was fun!
*************************************************************************************

On the 8th, Bruce left town for a few days with his friend J, so the kids and I decided to take a ride on the Frontrunner up to Ogden to visit the Train museum and have lunch. Grandma Babycakes, Uncle Brent, Aunt Kelly, & Harlie, made the trip with us, and boy was I glad for the help. We had a great time and the kids loved the train ride.

Brent & Alex


Alex telling Brent all about trains






Right after I got all the kids posed for this picture I turned quickly, tripped on a railroad tie, and totally biffed it on my face. Ouch! It hurt like a mother!


Joshua with Grandma Babycakes





*************************************************************************************

On the 9th, I got a sitter (thanks Harlie) and headed off to the Pumpkin patch tours with my brother Brent. I know, I know, could I be any more of a nerd????? It was very educational though, and Brent & I had a great time. Good brotherly-sisterly togetherness, bonding time!

The first two pictures are from some of the big growers patches.




And this one is my baby, weighing in at just over 200 lbs. (so far)


Later that day, we met up with Lauri and girls for dinner at McDonald's, which is always fun for the kids.
*************************************************************************************

On the 10th, I had to give a talk in sacrament meeting on Eternal Families and the Blessings of the Temple. Bruce got home just in time to help drag all the kids to church, and to sit with the little monsters, while I gave a talk. It was very amusing to watch as he struggled to keep them all civilized during church. I especially enjoyed watching as carried Joshua and Halie out like footballs, screaming under each arm. It was awesome!
*************************************************************************************

On the 11th, we met up for lunch with Holly, who is the foster mom for Joshua's half sister. She has a son who is Alex's age, so they had a great time playing while we chatted.

Joshua & Krissie

*************************************************************************************

On the 12th, we headed down to Thanksgiving Point to romp in the children's garden. It was $2 Tuesday and very crowded. But the kids had a great time inspite of the craziness, and afterward's we dropped by my friend Krissie's house to see baby Kai, who may, very well be, the cutest baby in the world! He had, even me, thinking I could do another one, but only for a second. The feeling passed as soon as the whining in the car started on the way home. Happiness is having four children, and knowing there are no more coming! haha!



Hannah & Olivia


Look at the Belly on that boy!


Me and the Bear


Hannah's stinky face

*************************************************************************************

On the 13th, I registered Alex for the second grade, and then he and I spent our afternoon in the fracture clinic at Primary children's hospital. That place is crazy! Poor broken children everywhere. It was so funny to hear all of them bragging about their "war" stories, and how bad their particular break was.

Meanwhile all the parents discussed how big the bills were going to be. And the whole time there was a moldy, smelly feet kind of stench in the air. Nothing like being in a blazing hot room, with a hundred strinky kids, who are on Doctor ordered, restricted bathing regimens, in the summer heat. An experience we get to have again in 3 weeks, lucky us!

But there was a ray of light, as Alex didn't need surgery, just a bright red cast (which he was very excited about, the dark side and all) all the way up to his armpit, which will hopefully be changed out for a shorter version in 3 weeks.

Alex with his "mechanical Jedi arm"


*************************************************************************************

On the 14th we were all exhausted and did nothing but laundry and clean all day! Too much summer fun, and not enough time spent at home, adds up to a big mess for me.

But we have had a great summer so far, and made some good memories. I may not be the Molly mormon perfect housewife and mother, but when it comes to entertaining and having fun with my kids, I give it my all. Thanks for all the fun guys, I love you, and you, and you, and you, the most!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment