Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Alex!



Today Alex turned 8 years old. I can't believe I have been a mom for so long, and that I have had this sweet boy in my life that long. We began celebrating his birthday yesterday morning with a fun party at Classic. My friend Lauri and I took a bunch of his friends there for some bouncing, climbing, & scooting fun. We had pizza and ice cream, and opened lots of fun presents. Alex had a great time, and it was a fun party.




Some of the fun gifts he got were a fishing pole and tackle box, a new lightsaber (we already have 6, but apparently you can't have too many), $$$money, money, money$$$$, a ticket to go see the play "BIG" with his friend DJ, a Storm trooper costume, Yoda shirt, wooden models, Star Wars guys, & lots of candy.



Last night we also took him for his birthday dinner at the Olive Garden, where, surprisingly the kids were all marvelous and we looked like a very civilized family. There was no having to wade through food on the floor as we left or anything. It was pretty shocking, still don't know what to make of their wonderful manners.





Today Alex opened his present from Bruce and I which was a Darth Maul double lightsaber (see, can't have too many) and some Star Wars legos. He was thrilled with his double saber, and declared that I was the "BEST" mom in the whole world, which for some reason he later changed to only BEST mom in the United States. Either way, he was a happy boy. After church Alex and I made his last minute birthday cake together, which looked terrible, but tasted great! All in all a great birthday, and only a few weeks until the "real" party when we get to celebrate his baptism.





Alex,

Your dad and I are so proud of the young man you are becoming. You have always been a great kid, so fun, and so easy going, and we love that about you. You are so easy to parent, always choosing the right, and being a good example to your family and friends. When I read about what the Prophets were like when they were young children I always think of you, and what seems to be your natural instinct to help others and be good. We Have come to expect great things from you, and I know as you make good choices through life that great things will happen for you. I am so excited to see what your future holds, and to watch you learn and grow.

I'll never forget the first time I saw you. When you were placed in my arms and I became your mother. It was the most amazing experience, as the Spirit bore witness to me, that I was supposed to be your mother, and that many little miracles had happened to bring that to pass. Every moment with you has been a joy, and I love you so much! We are truly kindred spirits you and I, and I love that we totally "get" each other. I never knew that one of my very best friends ever, would be a sweet little 8 year old boy, but I am so grateful that it is so.

Thanks for making me a mommy, and for making it such a pleasure. You're one in a million kid, and I love you so! Happy Birthday, and here's to a great year!

Love,

The BEST MOM in the United States, and quite possibly the whole world. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment