Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Joshua!!!

Today was a very BIG day for Joshua. He finally got to celebrate his birthday. The poor kid moved in last year right after his birthday so he has had to patiently wait all year, through everyone else's parties, for his big day to come along. Every morning for almost a month, we have had this conversation.

Joshua: Mom when's it going to be my birthday
Me: It's coming I promise
Joshua: Am I going to have presents and a party?
Me: Yes Joshua, you will have a party just like everyone else.
Joshua: I AM BIG, I will have a party on my birthday.

EVERY DAY PEOPLE...........multiple times a day.

Ruth sent me this picture a few weeks ago, and when I saw it I just started to cry. I was so sad that I didn't know Joshua as a baby. He is such an amazing little guy, and I knew he had to be an adorable baby. I was right, he is sooo CUTE!

A chubby 5 month old version of Joshua

We started off the BIG BOY birthday, by letting Joshua open his present from Bruce and I. We got him a Roller Coaster, which he loves. He spent every second that he was home today, sitting on it. In fact he cried when I told him he had to get off it to go to his own birthday party.

Joshua & his coaster


For his party we took him and some of his friends to McDonald's for breakfast. Luckily, my friend Liz came along to help me with the chaos. They had a great time, and the party was over by 10:30 am.

The whole gang


Joshua opening presents surrounded by his "a little too helpful" girl-friends.


Then we were off to The Children's Museum, for a few hours of play. This is one of Joshua's favorite places to be. We also ate lunch downtown at Sabarro's.

Birthday tea party


Fire/police man

We ended the day with a family dinner, and Joshua's favorite treat, Donuts!!

Joshua loves DONUTS!


Joshua,
Your dad and I love you so much! And we are so happy that you came to be in our family. We can't wait until the day we can all go to the Temple and you can become a part of our Forever Family. We feel so blessed to be your parents and it has been so fun to watch you learn and grow this past year. You have changed so much from the quiet, scared, sick, little boy, that could barely talk, who came to our home a year ago. Now you are loud, sassy, funny, smart, loving, and just one of the kids! One of us!

I will forever be grateful to your Birthmom, for choosing us to be your parents. Even though your coming was a definite surprise, it has been an absolute joy to have you in our home, and we are all crazy about you. In fact, looking back, I was in trouble the first time I saw you, which was when Sage (your foster mom) brought you to playgroup at Burger King. My heart was already falling for you, and the mother in me, wanted to take you home right then. The first thing you said to me, when you came to live with us, was "Are you the mom?" I said "Yes, I am the mom", and you said "okay". From that moment on, you have been my boy and I have been in love. You are my son, and I'll love you forever.

Always know Joshua, that your family loves you very much and we will always be here for you. We are excited to watch as you continue to learn and grow and become your own little person. Happy Birthday to you, my BIG 3 year old boy. Here's to a great year, and life, ahead of you. I love you too, Sweetheart!

And the best gift of all, MOMMA LOVE!


Your Favorite things at 3

Friends: Dakota, Emma, Allie
Foods: Mac & cheese, Cereal, Bananas, Joobies
Movies: Frosty the snowman, Jay Jay the Jet plane, CARS, & anything Dora the Explorer.
Toys: Hot wheels or any type of car, dressup clothes, Legos
Places: Pre-school, Nursery, Children's museum, Zoo
Color: Blue

****While I was typing this you walked into my office and said "I love you too, mom. Can you draw me a Temple?" So adorable!!!****

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Josh. You are a very sweet boy and we're so glad you had a great birthday. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the boy with the most beautiful eyes! I LOVE the baby picture you have of him- what a treasure. He has so much love...all around him!

    ReplyDelete