Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Obama President-elect

“If there is anyone out there who doubts that America is a place where anything is possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time, who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer."

~Barack Obama

Tonight I watched history in the making as Barack Obama became the 44th President elect of the United States of America. I found myself overcome with emotion, with tears running down my face, as I watched him make his acceptance speech. It was so amazing to hear them announce the arrival of the next first family, and to see an African American family take the stage. I was overcome with so much pride in our country and hope for the future. And of course I looked at my own little brown beauties, and was so excited for what this will mean for them, as well as for my sons.

I'm a little nervous as I hear the Democrats chanting "change is coming", as in general I fear change. I will be praying that it is a change for the better, and that by having this man as our President, things will improve for everyone. We definitely need a change in government, but I'm not convinced that the Democrats will move us in the right direction.

Bruce and I both voted today and each for a different President. I'm not saying who I voted for, except to say that the only thing that could of made this a more perfect night, was if Obama had been Republican, so I could of voted a straight ticket. :)

Shhh, don't anyone tell my mother who I voted for. Love you mom!

1 comment:

  1. Kris,
    I too was overcome with great emotion as I saw Barack and his family on the stage and listened to his powerful speech, knowing this was history in the making. I think this is what generations before us felt as they watched JFK. Barack too is so dynamic and I think he speaks to all of us. I have hope for change, although I know it's not the Democratic Party that will necessarily provide change. Its individuals united who are just plain ready for it and with great hope; a new leader among us to bring it forth.
    God bless America!

    ReplyDelete