Friday, January 23, 2009

It's a done deal!

Today was Joshua's big day in court. It's been a long crazy year, but every minute of it has been worth the end result. We are crazy in love with Joshua, and he is a perfect fit for our family.

All dressed up for the big day.

Joshua with my mom (aka Grandma Babycakes)

Judge McCully is AWESOME!! She was with us through the whole foster care journey, and finalized for us today. She is very sweet and soft spoken, but if she is not happy with you, trust me, you will hear about it. Her bailiff gave Joshua a sticker, that he promptly put on his stomach, and then pulled it off and stuck it to his forehead.

She put Joshua up on her lap and let him scribble on his own adoption decree. So cool!
And then she let him slam the gavel on her desk, to officially close his case.

Joshua with his Mom & Dad, holding the Dolphin he got from the Judge.

The new, & very much improved Richardson family

A few weeks ago I told Joshua that I loved him and that I was so happy he was my son. He responded with, "I'm not your son, I'm your moon". How cute is that?

When I say "I love you Joshua", he will reply with "I love you too hotdog" or "I love you to ketchup", or "I love you to hamburger" etc.

The other day Joshua asked me if I was happy. I said yes, and he said "You are happy, I make you happy". Joshua you have made all of us very, very happy!!!

Happy adoption day Joshua! We love you soo much, French fries!!!!

13 comments:

  1. What a cute post and what a draling little boy!!! I am so happy for you guys and for Joshua!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you guys.. It is so nice to have it written down that he is yours forever... Congrats again to you.. He is a cutie pie... You have a beautiful family.. I'm in the ldsadoption group on yahoo... I'm Cindy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! He's such a cute little guy. Your family looks complete!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Joshua is such a cute kid and everyone looks so happy!! Your posts are so funny. They make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Kristin! I am so happy for you guys! We cant believe that we get to go to court tomorrow! It seems like it has been forever, but it is finally happening! Congratulations again! You have such a beautiful, happy family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Whew, it's finally over! So happy your family is complete.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!! I am so happy for you guys! You have such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! So you now you can rest easy and be "done"????!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ummm... that last comment was Britany, but I am on my friend Elise's computer :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!! That is so exciting for all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HURRAY! So glad that is over with. Such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kristin! I had to check out your blog and tell you how much I loved your post today on the yahoo group. Hopefully some will really take heart to what you said! You have such an adorable family. Congratulations on your court date!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was fun to reread about this day. My favorite part was him writing on official court documents and using the gavel. That is a good family pic, too. Our hands are full and it seems like no one's missing. Right? RIGHT??? Just kidding. III

    ReplyDelete