Saturday, January 3, 2009

Oops, I did it again!!

And the award for "The Clumsiest Kid of 2008" goes to........., drumroll please........., Alex Richardson!! For managing to break an arm 3 times in 5 months, and every time have it cooincide with a major event.


The first break happened the day after his eighth birthday and on the day of his first Scout camp. The Second break happened the night before we left for our family vacation to the Grand Canyon, and a week before his Baptism. And #3 happened on New Year's Eve, shortly before he was scheduled to go to bed, thus allowing for him to stay up to ring in the New Year, with his dad, in the ER.

Luckily, (if there is luck involved) he actually reboke the original break from Scout camp. All the way through both bones again. How did he accomplish such an amazing feat???? In his own words, "I was just walking, and then it broke",(Try taking a kid to the ER with that explanation). I made Bruce do it. I wasn't about to spend the night in the slammer with all the New Year's eve drunks. :)

Apparently there was some tripping over ones own feet, and falling involved (we're all a bit shaky on the real story). But the good news is that after you break 3 bones on 3 seperate occasions, you get a "FREE" Iron Man toy, from the ER docs. Ya, that makes it all worth it!

You have no manner of Luck Alex, but we love you anyway. Alex's goal for 2009, "to not break anything"! I'll drink to that!

Happy Freakin New Year!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh poor Alex. I can't believe that kid. People are going to start wondering if you guys are abusing that poor child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is going on over there? You are one silly lady... ya know that!

    Steve and I LOVED your Christmas post... we couldn't stop laughing.
    Keep the Drama coming we love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris & I got a good chuckle too! I know my girls, esp. Christianna, are klutzes - but I have to admit defeat! Alex takes the cake!!

    ReplyDelete