Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fieldtrip

Today Alex's 2nd grade class came to our house for a Giant pumpkin fieldtrip. It was so fun!! I taught them all about growing Giant pumpkins, and they came prepared with a ton of questions.



When I lifted the blanket off the pumpkin, there was a collective Wooooaaahhh, from the class. They were very impressed with the size of my pumpkin.

(See Bruce, my pumpkin is cool!)


I was surprised by how excited they were. (It's always nice to get validation for your nerdy hobby by a bunch of 8 year olds.)

We snacked on chocolate chip pumpkin cookies and juice


I remember when I was in elementary school always wanting to be the cool kid. I never was........but today I got to watch my son be the cool kid in his class, as he helped me with the fieldtrip. It was fabulous!



Alex proudly leading his class back to school.


Tonight Alex said to me "Mom you did a really great job today. You're the best mom, thanks for the happy day".

Anything for you my love....................

3 comments:

  1. What a total payday for you as a parent! :o) And that pumpkin is TOTALLY impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are seriously the coolest Mom ever. Maybe you could give me lessons since my twins think I'm kinda nerdy and a bit on the crazy side most of the time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen This is awesome you are truly one of a kind. You are a terrfic MOM and person to do all you do for your family. Love you so much. Karen

    ReplyDelete