Monday, October 6, 2008

BUSY weekend

We had a great weekend, but it was very busy!!!

We started off on Friday by watching Kate Leigh while her mom went scrapbooking. Bear and Kate are only 3 weeks apart in age, they are both adopted, and both adorable, and I'm sure that one day they will be good friends.

Bear & Kate


But right now, Bear is not having any of that friendship stuff. She is going through a definite MEAN phase. She likes to pinch, scratch, & bite! Luckily Kate steered clear of her most of the time, but Joshua, he is not so smart. He is constantly falling prey to her cuteness, and gets just close enough for her to attempt to rip his eyeballs out. So far they are still intact, but he has lost a few lashes, and has gained several scratches. Heaven help the Nursery kids, as this Sunday will be Bears first day. I HATE having the mean kid!!!! Let's hope her mean phase is shorter lived than her sisters was.

Friday afternoon I went scrapbooking with some good friends of mine, and actually enjoyed myself. I love these friends, but hate to scrapbook, so I usually pay my bills, read a book, and just chat when we go. But this time I came prepared with my laptop and lots of pictures to sort through. So, I still didn't get any scrapbooking done, but I was entertained the whole time, and because of my laptop, I sorta looked like I was scrapbooking, instead of like some clueless person who just walked in off the street. Had a great time, thanks GALS!! (that one's for you Cindy:)

Saturday we actually made a real effort, (for the first time ever), to watch both sessions of conference. We usually just read the Saturday sessions afterwards. We even made the kids watch it with us, and they were pretty good. That evening Bruce went off with some friends to the Priesthood session at the Conference center, and out to dinner.

I wasn't about to be left home with my kids, alone, on a Saturday night. So I got a sitter, and went for MNO with a bunch of my friends. We had dinner at Fratelli's, followed by Ice cream, where we closed down the shop, and still didn't want to go home, so we did a midnight romp through Walmart. My friend Diana and I bought some cute trench style coats, and I told them that Bruce would take one look at it and say I should wear it with nothing on under it. Today I wore it for the first time, and Bruce said, "Wow you need to be naked under that coat". What a PERV!!! Anyway, I had a really fun time with the girls.

Sunday we watched all of Conference again with the kids, and I loved it! The talks were wonderful, and I love that through most of them, I could sit back and be able to guage how our family is doing, and know, that while we are not even near perfect, we are doing pretty good as a family to keep the Gospel working in our home.

When Thomas S. Monson was called as the current Prophet, I had to dig out my old picture, of lunch with him, when I was in High school, to show the kids. I'm not sure what will surprise people more, that I was on Seminary Council, or that they will let just anybody near a future Prophet. I have always loved Thomas S. Monson, from my first encounter lunch with him, to all the chance meetings, when I was working at LDS hospital, and he would come to visit the patients. He has always been so nice and taken the time to say hello to everyone. And he always has a smile on his face and a good joke to tell. I love him, and I am so glad that he is the Prophet during this time in my life. I'll follow him all the way to Heaven.

West High Seminary Council 1988

3 comments:

  1. Kristin-I seriously Laughed out loud when I read the thing about your dh and the coat. That is TOTALLY the exact reaction my dh has...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man! I never realized how short Chantelle is! Hee hee! Awesome Picture! So cool that you still have it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never realized how short Chantelle was..hee hee! What a great picture. So cool that you still have it and were able to find it!

    ReplyDelete